Friday, September 13, 2013

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer: A Review + Swatches!


The new Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (wow that's a mouthfull) has been getting a lot of buzz in the makeup world. So me, constantly being on the hunt for the perfect concealer, had to try this one out! This product is said to be a dupe for the YSL 'Touche Eclat' Radiant Touch Luminous Radiance Concealer, but I have never tried it before. Since there seemed to be a lot of hype around this product, I bought this concealer in the shade "Nude 330".


This concealer was the first brightening concealer that I have ever tried, so I didn't really know what to expect other than it concealing. I have to say that I am somewhat impressed by this product! It did conceal my under eye area, which is good, but it also did a good job at concealing redness and blemishes. As for brightening, I did find that it brighten my eye area nicely just enough and it doesn't have any sparkles or shimmer, so it looks very natural, which I loved!
 

Another pro about this concealer is that since it is brightening, it can be used as not just a concealer, but also as a brightener/highlight. To brighten my face, I apply this concealer under my eyes, on my chin, and above my upper lip. I don't apply this on my cheekbones, however, like most highlights, because first, I have oily skin so I don't use a highlight, and second, this isn't brightening enough, in my opinion, to be used as a highlighter and can look a little cakey.

Top: Swatch, Bottom: Blended
The reason why earlier I said I 'somewhat' like this concealer was because even though it did conceal my under eye area, I didn't find it to be long lasting. It didn't last as long as my Maybelline Fit Me concealer, and one of the things I look for in a concealer is whether it's long-wearing. However, in the product's defense, it isn't advertised as a super-long-wearing concealer.
Another problem with this concealer was that I found that it tended to crease throughout the day, even when I did set it. Overall though, I thought that this was a decent concealer and would recommend it to those looking for an affordable brightening concealer.

Pros:
   - Brightens under the eye
   - Multi-purpose concealer
   - Conceals under eyes and blemishes well

Cons:
   - Creases throughout the day
   - Only lasts up to 4-5 hours

Overall Rating: 7.5 out of 10

I hope you found this helpful!
Do you think that you will try this product out?
Please comment below and follow for more review posts!

Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...