Friday, August 22, 2014

Getting into Running and Gym Experience


The saying goes that the hardest part about going to the gym is going to the gym. Last summer I tried out a summer membership at a gym with my sister. Although there is a ton of equipment to keep you busy, I couldn't help but feel like I was being judged by the other people in the gym. I'm not the most athletic person by any means and don't have any muscle mass, so as cliche as it sounds, going to gym is not the most comfortable way to get fit for me. I then tried going to gym while at college, and found it less intimidating since many of the people there were my age and weren't creepily bulked up. Since summer started and I've come back home, I had to find ways to get my exercise, because I wasn't going to go back to my local gym.

Before summer, I made a goal for myself to start running on the street I live on. I make this goal every summer, but never got around to it since I usually ended up sleeping in and not waking up early enough. This summer, however, I have actually been getting up early and started running around three times a week, which in my eyes, is better than none. I found that I enjoy running much more than being at gym, since I'm alone and don't need to be worried about being judged. I also live on a very quiet road that has a pretty view of the metropolitan area, making it a relaxing run. The road, however, does have a slope, making it a pain to run back up the hill.

One of my favorite things about working out is workout clothing. It's comfortable and breathable, and I honestly wear them more than I work out. One of my go-to outfits is my American Eagle sports bra (similar here), one of the many school t-shirts I own, and the Nike Legend Capris (similar here). As for shoes, I wear the Adidas Bounce shoes (similar here), although I need to get a new pair since those shoes are several years old. Lastly, it is always important to stay hydrated, which is made easier with a waterbottle, and have a good workout playlist to keep you moving.

What are your thoughts about the gym?

Thank you for reading!s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...