Monday, September 7, 2015

So It's Been a Week...

It's been a week since I last posted, and let me tell you, it feels like FOREVER. This past week has been the longest, but most exciting week yet. Throughout most of the week, I either had no adapter for my laptop charger or no wifi, causing me to not be able to use the internet, which in turn I ended up liking a little. Let me break the week down for you:


Took a four hour drive up to the Seattle airport for London, since my airport doesn't make a direct flight. Although my study abroad is taking place in Grenoble, France, my study abroad program organized a trip to London where we could meet other students.


After 9 hours in the plane and time zone changes, I arrived at the London airport early in the morning where I met other students in my study abroad program whom I didn't know before the trip. After meeting other students, the long day was made up of meeting other and exploring the town. Suffice to say, it was a long and exciting day filled with lack of sleep (went 30+ hours without sleep since I couldn't sleep on the plane) and lots of adrenaline.


Monday morning, the study abroad program organized a tour around London. Although we lucked out with sunshine the day before, Monday was filled with off-and-on typical rainy weather. We visited Buckingham Palace, The London Eye, The London Bridge, and the Tower of London. The rest of the day was spent exploring the streets near the place where we were staying and further getting to know our fellow students.


Tuesday was another long day, since it started with us having to leave the hotel at 4 in the morning to catch a plane to Lyon. At Lyon, we got on a bus for a one hour ride to Grenoble. After arriving at our hotel in Grenoble, we met for an orientation meeting to fill out paperwork and learn a little about the culture. After, we had a dinner filled with pasta and a dessert filled with a variety of French pastries, from tirimisu to cannoli. C'est très délicieux!


After a night of little to no sleep, Wednesday felt fairly long. Although much of the day was filled with orientations and information, the rest of the day was left to explore the city!


Thursday was definitely the most stressful day of the week. Most of the morning and afternoon was comprised of taking a placement test for the French classes at the university. After a stress filled day of testing, in the evening we all met our host families whom we would be staying with for the rest of the semester.


Most of Friday was once again spent at the University. We took tours of the gorgeous campus and found out the results of our placement tests. The rest of the day was spent to further explore the city and have fun around town.


Saturday was a "free" day with no activities planned by the program. In the morning, my host mother kindly showed me around the city. The rest of the day was further filled with exploring the city and of course lots of eating and shopping!

So there's a very brief and vague breakdown of the week and why I haven't had time to post. I am planning on doing a weekly post at the end of the week to hopefully update on some of the shenanigans throughout the week. More fashion/beauty posts will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...