Monday, September 21, 2015

Everyday Skincare Routine


Of all the years I have had this blog, I have realized that I never once wrote a skincare routine post. The reason why I'm somewhat surprised that I never posted a skincare routine is because my skincare has not significantly changed over the past few years. Aside from occasionally switching up my moisturizer, I've been using the same cleanser ever since high school. For reference, I have very oily-combination skin, in which my t-zone gets very oily while smaller areas of my face are normal/dry. This routine would be appropriate for those with normal-oily skin, however, the cleanser may be too harsh for those with dry skin.

Cleanse



As someone with acne prone, combination skin, finding a cleanser that effectively prevents breakouts is difficult. After trying many products, the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser has been one of the only face washes that does not break me out. I have been using this cleanser everyday for the past several years and still works well without irritating my skin. The cleanser contains benzoyl peroxide, which stands out from the most acne cleansers, which contain salicylic acid.

Exfoliate



Exfoliating is not part of my daily routine, but I use an exfoliator about once a week to remove any dry skin. The Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub has been in my routine for over a year and is the perfect exfoliator for those who have sensitive. The scrubbing beads are not abrasive while effectively leaving your skin smooth and soft.

Moisturize



Although I like using an acne face wash and I have oily skin, moisturizing is a must in my routine as well as necessary step in all skin care routines. Adding moisture to your skin not only makes your skin look healthy throughout the day, but also helps repair your skin long-term and helps slow the aging appearance of skin. After washing and exfoliating my face, I apply The Face Shop Clean Face Mild Lotion (review here) on my skin and the The Face Shop Mango Seed Eye Cream around my eye area.


What's a staple product in your skincare routine?

I would love to read it in a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...