Here are some of my summer must haves for the warmer weather!
(details go clockwise)
- Tinted Moisturizer/BB Cream: During the summer, use something light on the face, such as tinted moisturizer or BB Cream, rather than something thicker, like a full-coverage foundation which can melt off your face during the warmer summer days.
- Bright Lipstick: Many people tone down the makeup during the summer, but brighten up a no-little makeup look with a bright lipstick, such as a coral or pink. This is a perfect way to brighten up the face while looking summering (and not trying hard)!
- Matte Bronzer: For those who want a tan but are unable to achieve it during the summer, fake it with a matte bronzer applied to places where the sun hits naturally on the face can give you that summer bronzy glow!
- Bright Nail Polish: Since school is out, that means that we have more time to take to ourselves, such as painting nails. Bright nail polish is perfect for the summer and is probably one of the only times during the year when you can get way with wearing crazy and bold colors!
- Oil-Blotting Sheets: These are must during those long days and nights! These are perfect for those who don't want to pile on powder in the middle of summer.
- Fruity Body Mist: Go lighter during the summer and try out different body mists! Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret has a wide selection of scents perfect for the summer.
- Sunscreen: This may be a given, but sunscreen is so important in the summer when the sun is out. Protect your skin (including your face and neck!) with a sunscreen with at least a 20 SPF. A sunscreen with 40-50 SPF usually suits most people! Your skin will thank you in the future!
- Waterproof Mascara: This may again be a given, but if you are going swimming a lot or just going to be in the sun a lot, a waterproof mascara is the way to go. It will prevent smearing while swimming and will not melt off in the sun.
- Cream Blush: The nice thing about cream blush is that it will stay on your face and will not budge throughout the day! Plus it gives you such a nice, dewy finish.
- Lip Balm w/ SPF: Skin is not the only thing that can get burned during the summer. Protect your lips with a lip balm with SPF to prevent them from getting burned. A lot of lip balms with SPF also come in many colors!
What are your summer must haves? Please comment below!
Thank you for reading! <3