Saturday, October 19, 2013

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara: A Review!

The new Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara has been getting a lot of hype lately. I read multiple reviews and this item seems like it is slowly becoming a cult favorite, so I had to try out this product. It claims that you will "Get 200% more volume and zero clumps" which appealed to me because I'm not a fan of clumpy mascara. I loved the original Lash Blast Volume mascara in the orange tube so I decided to give this mascara try!


So does this mascara add volume and not clump like it claims?
When I first tried out this mascara, I have to say that I wasn't too crazy about it. It did clump a little bit on me, however, once I learned how to "use" this mascara, I started to like this mascara more and more! In terms of volume, I feel like this does a really fairly good job at both lengthening and volumizing lashes, but not quite as much as I expected. It's one of those mascaras that when you know how to use it, you will really like it.
In terms of clumping, this mascara did a good job with preventing clumping, however, if you want to add multiple coats or touch up throughout the day, you may find that this mascara does tend to clump a little. The wand on this brush is also not flexible which is good for building up the mascara on lashes and getting fuller lashes

How does it compare to the Lash Blast Volume mascara?
When comparing the two, I felt like the Clump Crush didn't create as much volume as the Lash Blast Volume mascara. Both mascaras though both have similar brushes with plastic bristles, however, the brush on the Clump Crusher is curved, which helps with putting mascara on the bottom lashes. The curved wand though didn't make a enormous difference for me. 


How is the formulation of this mascara?
In terms of the formulation of this mascara, it seemed to be a little more wet than the Lash Blast Volume mascara. This seemed to help with preventing clumping when applying the mascara, however, I thought that the mascara formula was a little too wet for my taste and seemed like it took a long time to dry. However, this did allow for build up without clumping.

How is the water resistance of this mascara and Does it smudge throughout the day?
The mascara that I bought was water resistant, but I was expecting this mascara to stay on my lashes longer than it did. This is water-resistant, not waterproof. It will smudge when it comes in contact with a lot of water, such as swimming. Even though it is water-resistant, I found that after 5 hours, the mascara would start flaking onto my under eye area. For someone who likes a good waterproof mascara, I was slightly disappointed with the water-resistance.

Pros:
   - Does add volume and some length to eyelashes
   - Curved wands helps with getting all the lashes and bottom lashes
   - Doesn't clump with the first few coats

Cons:
   - Flakes a little through out the day
   - It's a bit wet, however some people my like this
   - Will tend to clump with multiple coats of this mascara
   - Doesn't have a complete waterproof version.

Overall Rating: 7 out of 10

I hope you found this review helpful!
If you have tried this product, what are your thoughts?
Comment below and follow!

Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...