Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Winter Wonderland Tag!


Even though every season there seems to be a new tag, I still think it's fun filling out the questions! I think it's fun filling out these tags, especially the seasonal ones. It's also fun looking back on the tags in the later months or years and seeing how you changed over time! I also love listening or reading other peoples' answers! I watched Amarixe's video for this tag (here) and I thought it would be fun to do on my blog! Read on to see my answers to the questions!

1) Favorite thing about winter? My favorite thing about winter is, as cheesy as it sounds, just all the Christmas lights and decorations everywhere! I also love the holiday food and drinks and the scents that come during this time of year!
2) Scarves or Beanies? Scarves! I have never been able to pull of a beanie. I would try in stores all the time in middle school but they just never worked with me. Plus you can find scarves in so many colors and styles and they make any simple outfit look put together.
3) Favorite holiday movie? Probably either It's a Wonderful Life or Elf. I have seen It's a Wonderful Life a countless number of times and it's definitely a classic! Elf though is hilarious for the whole family and is one of my favorite movies!
4) Favorite winter nail polish? Right now I have been wearing Essie's "Bahama Mama" for the past few weeks. Even though it is a more fall color, I think the red and plum undertones in the polish work for the winter time!
5) Favorite Starbucks Holiday Drink? At home, I have been loving the Trader Joes Candy Cane Green Tea! The combination of peppermint and green tea may sound strange but it's seriously so good! Plus the tea is less than $3! If I go to coffee shops though, I always go for either a peppermint hot chocolate or a chai latte.
6) What are your top 3 winter essentials? #1: A good moisturizer! I have oily skin but in the winter time, my skin takes a 180 and suddenly gets super dry after I wash my face. I have yet to find the perfect moisturizer though! #2: Fuzzy Socks! I live in fuzzy socks during the day (when I can) and during the night! There is nothing more comfy for your feet than fuzzy socks! #3: Champange/Gold Eyeshadow! During the winter, I feel like you can get away with having fun with your makeup! I love wearing "All That Glitters" from MAC all over the lid during the winter!
7) Name one item on your wish list this year. Probably a pair of riding boots! I have been wanting and looking for a good pair of riding boots for a while and I have been on the hunt for the right boot for me!
8) Favorite holiday song? I honestly like pretty much any holiday song, but if I had to choose, probably "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey. I have also been listening to Kurt Schneider's arrangement of holiday songs called "Holiday Medley!" on repeat.
9) Did you go Black Friday shopping this year? Nope. I have never really considered going Black Friday shopping. Usually those sales go on for longer than Friday into the weekend so I don't think it's worth the hastle to go on that Friday.
10) Must have winter lip product? A good chapstick! With the dry weather, a good chapstick is necessary, especially if you are going to wear a bright lipstick or lipgloss.
11) Will you be rocking an ugly Christmas sweater this year? I wish! I dont' have an ugly Christmas sweater, but I wish I did!
12) Have you ever had a white Christmas where you live? It doesn't snow a lot during December where I live, however, I do remember it snowing one year! I wish that it would snow every year for Christmas but unfortunately it just mostly rains where I live!
13) Favorite winter candle scent? I will probably update this since usually I judge my favorite scents off of Bath and Body Works scents and I haven't been there yet this season. I do tend to love either sweeter scents or pine and apple scents!
14) How will you be celebrating this holiday? I will be celebrating this holiday by spending time with my family, watching TV and movies, and going shopping! Nothing beats staying at home with a nice cup of tea though!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
What is your favorite moisturizer in the winter!
I have been looking for a good moisturizer and I love to hear your recommendations!

Thank you for reading and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...