Monday, December 2, 2013

Favorite Holiday Dresses for 2013!

Thanksgiving has passed which means that it's officially holiday season with mistletoe and holiday lights wrapped around trees downtown. Aside from the lights and cheesiness of the holiday season, one of my favorite things about the holidays is the fashion, including dresses. I absolutely love how the holidays is an excuse to pull out colors and textures I wouldn't normally go for during the rest of the year. Here are a few of my favorite holiday dresses and trends!
Nordstrom BP, Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom BP
Nothing says the holidays like sequins and sparkles! Sequins are one of the only times in the year that I feel like they can be worn without looking out of place or like you’re in middle school. To keep from looking like a disco ball, pair sequin dresses with some simple black tights and flats or heels and a simple jacket or cardigan.

H&M, Urban Outfitters, Express
A true red dress in my opinion is a must in a holiday wardrobe. Red is a classic and timeless color and is the perfect colors for the holidays! I think that true red dresses also can be complimented nicely with gold jewelry or accessories.

Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom BP, ASOS
Velvet, in my opinion, is a more trendy holiday clothing piece. For a lot of people, velvet is a hit or miss. Aside from being super soft and comfy, though, a classic velvet dress can be easily pulled-off when paired with black tights and some black wedges or flats for a holiday party.

Nordstrom BP, Nordstrom BP, Nordstrom BP
Skater dresses and skirts have been in for a while, and if you have read some of my previous style posts, you would know that I love the skater trend. I think that this trend is the easiest to pull off of all the dresses I’ve shown. Skater dresses come in many colors and patterns to fit your style or the occasion. They can also be easily dressed down or up. Definitely my favorite kind of holiday dress!

I hope you found this helpful!
What is your favorite holiday go-to dress?
Please comment down below and follow!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...