Saturday, December 28, 2013

Best of 2013!

Believe it or not, 2013 is all done and 2014 is just around the corner. 2013 was full of ups and downs and overall was probably the craziest year I have ever had. This post though will be about the best of 2013 for me and my favorite products and things that I liked this year. Read on to see what my yearly favorites were for 2013!

Beauty:
1. Foundation: I don't use foundation so I have no answer for this one.
2. Concealer: My favorite concealer is probably the Maybelline Fit Me concealer! It covers and conceals my under eyes well while still looking natural!
3. Powder: The Rimmel Stay Matte powder! I have oily skin so a matte powder has become a necessity for me! This powder is cheap while still doing the job and keeps you matte.
4. Blush/Bronzer: This year I have got more into bronzer later this year and I have to say that my favorite bronzer is the NYC Sunny Bronzer! It's pretty cheap and isn't too orange or too muddy, making it a pretty good bronzer! Plus it's matte which makes it more natural looking! (I'll have a review on this product soon!) Beginning of the year though I was more into the NYX "Rose Petal" cream blush.
5. Highlighter: I don't use highlighter that much since I have oily skin, but if I was to use a highlighter, I use my sample of Benefit's Watts Up, which is a pretty champagne highlighter!
6. Brow: Maybelline's Clear Mascara! I know that this may sound weird to some, but I don't fill in my eyebrows or anything, I just set them, which the clear mascara is perfect for!
7. Eye Product: Bobbie Brown gel eyeliner in "Caviar Ink". I got this eyeliner after having my makeup done for prom at the Bobbi Brown counter, and I am in love with this eyeliner! Stays on everyday and is perfect for everyday wear!
8. Lip Product: I don't usually wear that many lip products, so my most used and favorite lip product of 2013 is the EOS lip balm in the sweet mint scent. I use it every day and it does the job well!

Fashion:
Clothing Piece: I have absolutely been loving skater skirts this year! The have been "in" all year and it's one trend that I hope never goes out of style.
Accessory: I don't usually where accessories, so I don't think that I can answer this one.
Pair of Shoes: In the spring and summer, I was really liking nude flats and my loafers, however, when I started college in the fall, I started to change the shoes I wore. Now I mostly where comfortable shoes, such as my TOMS.

Random:
Favorite TV show: This year, I once again loved Revenge, New Girl, and Psych! I didn't start any new shows this year, since I have been pretty busy with school. I would totally recommend those shows though!
Favorite book: I am not a huge reader but my favorite read (particularly in the summer) was "Along for the Ride" by Sarah Dessen. This book was about a girl the same age as me and an unexpected summer fling, so I shamelessly lived through the character when I read this over the summer. It also wasn't that bad of a book for a young adult beach-read!
Food: I don't know if I have one particular food that was my favorite, but in general I have been loving pasta! I also have been loving Indian food!
Beverage: Since I don't really drink anything aside from water, I'm not sure what my favorite drink is. I do also like lemonade and the Odwalla juice drinks.
Favorite Song: I absolutely love music so this one is a hard one for me! This year, particularly in the beginning of the year, I loved the Imagine Dragons CD! My favorite songs were Radioactive, Demons, and On Top Of the World. I also like (be prepared for this long list) Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke (guilty pleasure), Thank You by MKTO, Pompeii by Bastille, I Wish by Cher Lloyd, Can't Help by Parachute, Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood, and Fall Out Boy in general.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
What was your favorite book this year?
I would love to read your answer!

Thank you for reading and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...