Friday, January 23, 2015

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in "Provocateur" Review + Swatches!


Nothing is more classic than the red lip. Although it is considered as a makeup staple for some, I have always been too intimidated to try the classic lip look. When Revlon released their Lacquer Balm collection and saw that there was a classic red in the collection, it immediately caught my attention and was added to my wish list. The Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in "Provocateur" (135) has been on my wish list since last winter, and I finally decided to pick it up recently as part of my Halloween costume and decided that this holiday season, I would go out of my comfort zone and sport the red lip! Read on to see my thoughts on the product!

Packaging and Product
The lip color features shiny and reflective packaging and seems fairly sturdy. The actual product is like a crayon and has a twist up feature for more product, making the product very easy to use. This lip color is also described as balm, which is fitting, since it is not drying and actually a little bit moisturizing. However, it probably won't replace your standard lip balm, especially during the winter months.

Pigmentation
"Provocateur" (135) is a gorgeous neutral (tad bit warm-toned) cherry red color with a slight glossy finish. It also has the slightest bit of shimmer, which is not noticeable on the lips at all, but rather adds to the glossy finish. Even though this product is described as a balm, it definitely has more pigmentation compared to the typical balm. "Provocateur" is a very pigmented lip color, but as you may expect, it is not quite as pigmented as a typical lipstick. Since it is a little bit on the sheer side, you can apply a light layer, but also build it up for a pigmented lip look. Since it also has a glossy finish, the balm is also not drying and moisturizing.

Downsides (Kind of)
The only (very small) downside that I have with this product is how long it lasts before wearing off. I like my products lasting hours and hours, so I didn't expect this lip product to be that long lasting. I was actually pleased with how long this balm lasted, which was a couple hours, and lasts even longer with a lip liner underneath. That being said, I would have liked it to last a little longer, so I don't have to reapply it throughout the day. Overall though, I was pleasantly pleased with this product!

Overview:
Pros:
   - Moisturizing
   - Pigmented (semi-opaque, but can build it up to a pigmented finish)
   - Glossy Finish
   - Nice Packaging for the price

Cons:
   - Wish it lasted a little longer than a 2-3 hours

Price: $9.49 (at Ulta)

Would I repurchase? Yes! Maybe in different colors!

Overall Rating: 9.5 out of 10


What is your go-to red lip color for the holiday season?
Please leave you thoughts in a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...