Thursday, January 8, 2015

Looking Back and 2015 Resolutions: A Tag

I know that these tags have decreased in popularity over the past year, but I couldn't be happier that I did this tag last year (click here for last year's post). I find that doing a tag rather than a paragraph-by-paragraph reflection is easier to sort out thoughts and keeps them organized and easy to read. Half of this tag will feature questions about looking back on 2014 and the half will be resolutions. I also decided to tweak some questions to make them less beauty-related and more well rounded.

∙ LOOKING BACK ON 2014 ∙
Name 3 things you did in this past year that you're proud of.
         Running. I started running this year, which I found to be quite enjoyable and helped my energy levels.
          Being more invested in my blog. This year, I have discovered that my blog has really been a good outlet for me over this past year.
         ∙ Opening up to my parents. In contrast to opening up to strangers (which I will explain later) I opened up to my parents a little about my rough year. I am not one to tell others my problems, but my stress got to a point where I just needed to tell someone some of what I was keeping in.

Name 1 thing you wish you'd have done differently. Not being scared of moving forward with relationships. I found that I have hard time opening up and allowing new people in my life, whether it's friendships or dating. I realized that I should I have not been so guarded and I probably missed out on some great people. This is something that I plan to fixing this year.

What was your biggest highlight this past year? My trip to Korea with my mom! Even though we were only there for less than two weeks, it was so nice seeing family again and experiencing young, Korean life. I did posts here and here on my trip earlier this year.

What was your favorite beauty product(s) this year? My favorite beauty products this year (because I couldn't choose just one) were the Revlon Lip Butter in "Juicy Papaya" (review here) and the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in "Caviar Ink". Eyeliner is a must-have for me and the lip butter is the perfect 'girl-next-door' shade.

Who do you want to thank for being amazing this year? My family. This past year has been a little rough and inconsistent, and one of the only constant things that I found was the support from my family.


∙ 2015 RESOLUTIONS ∙ 
What are the makeup/beauty resolutions you have for next year? Continue with experimenting with more lip colors. I have branched out a little with lip colors this year, but I want to try to push myself to try trends, such as the 'Kylie Jenner lip-color-look' and deeper colors.

What are the fashion resolutions you have for next year? To continue to evolve my fashion style towards a style that I'm happy with and to wear more skirts. I do like skirts and dresses, but as surprising as it may be, I find them a little intimating. I'm more of a jeans or leggings (or even gym clothing) kind of girl, but there are so many outfits on Pinterest that I want to take inspiration from to help evolve my style.

What are your personal resolutions for next year?
         ∙ Find out my passion. This was on of my resolutions last year, but I unfortunately didn't accomplish it. I know that finding a passion isn't something that can be forced, but I am hoping to be closer to finding it this year.
          Finally declare a major. This falls along the lines of my previous resolution, but since I am a sophomore in college, I need to pick a major I'm passionate about and stick with it.
         ∙ Take risks. Whether it's with school, travel, or life in general. I need to push myself more than I have already have and hope that it will lead to great learning experiences. Even if it's something like study abroad.
          Eat healthier and work out more. I know, this is on everyones resolutions list. Even though I kind of accomplished this last year, I definitely still need to try to eat healthier and work out more.
         ∙ Be happy by December 2015. I hope that by the end of the year, I have moved forward from a restricting past, have taken risks, and lastly, find a way to be in a place where I'm happy.

What are your blog resolutions for 2015? I want to have more self-taken photos on my blog and have quality posts. This may be difficult with my heavy workload this school year, but I will try my best to make this happen. Even though my blog is an outlet for who I am, I also want to shape my blog into a better, updated representation of myself, since I have changed a lot in the past year.

Name 1 thing you want to check off your bucket list next year. Finding a legit job. I have been
"self-employed", such as tutoring and such 'jobs'. However, I hope to find a job with a consistent pay from an actual employer.


What is one of your resolutions for 2015?
Please leave your thoughts in a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...