Monday, January 4, 2016

Best of 2015!


I can't believe that I'm already doing a Best of 2015 post and that it's the start of 2016. I tried some new products and trends throughout the year, but a few of my favorites are repeats from past "Best of" posts (here and here). If you have been using the same products for a couple years straight, I guess that's when you know it's a good product. Here is a somewhat short compilation of products, trends, and random favorites from 2015.

Beauty 

Kiko Automatic Precision Eyeliner in "712" and "713"
I bought these eyeliners in France mainly because they were cheap and advertised as long lasting. The eyeliners quickly became one of my favorite eyeliners, since they are creamy, last all day, and easy to use. The color 712 is the perfect dark brown and 713 is a sparkly bronze-brown perfect for night outs. I just regret not buying more before I came back home.
The first time I used this mascara I wasn't a big fan. I found it clumpy and the formula too wet. However, after a little bit of getting used to, the mascara quickly became one of my favorites. It adds volume and length without clumping easily.

NYC Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzing Powder
This bronzer has been a cult favorite for years and still doesn't let down. I dropped using blush and instead just used a bronzer to warm up my complexion and add a slight bit of contouring. Check out my review here for more details about the product.

Revlon Lip Butter in "Juicy Papaya"
I'm not one to wear anything on my lips other than chapstick, but when I did want a little bit of color, I would usually reach for this Revlon lip butter (review here). It's gives a natural wash of color and it's moisturizing, so it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything on your lips.
I'm not one to wear a base since I don't usually wear face makeup, but I've been using this product nearly every day. It's a base with a similar consistency as a serum and gives a natural glow, which is perfect for those who don't like wearing a lot of makeup.

Fashion 

White Jeans
One of my favorite new pieces of clothing other the summer was a white pair of skinny jeans. It was a great alternative to leggings and dark wash jeans that paired well with most tops and shoes.

Blanket Scarves
Throughout the fall and winter, blanket scarves became one of my new fashion obsessions. Not only are they very comfortable, but they are stylish and were the perfect addition to any plain outfit.

Brown Riding Boots
My pair of Ralph Lauren brown riding boots were in my "Best of 2014" post and have made it again to another yearly favorite posts. The boots are comfortable and go with everything, from a casual pair of leggings to a dressy skirt and tights.

Other 

Favorite Blogs
I read a lot of blogs via Bloglovin this year, so it's hard to narrow it down to just a few. For fashion/style blogs, my favorites include Hello FashionThe Style BungalowSouthern Curls & Pearls, and Twenties Girl Style. Some of my favorite beauty blogs include Kate La Vie and From Roses. Last but definitely not least, some of my favorite food blogs have been Half Baked HarvestDamn Delicious, and Skinnytaste.

Favorite TV Shows
I'm someone who watches maybe a little bit too much television, but I find TV the perfect way to escape and relax. One of my favorite shows this year was How To Get Away With Murder, which is a drama mystery show and I recommend everyone who likes a good show with many twists and surprises. Some of my other favorite TV shows included Parks and Recreation, Drunk History, Workaholics, Vampire Diaries, and rewatching Chuck and Modern Family.

Favorite Song(s)
Listening to music is one of my favorite ways to pass time, so compiling a list that didn't go on forever was a little hard to achieve. Below is a list of songs that were some of my favorites or most played this year.



What were some of your favorites last year?
I would love to read your responses below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...