Friday, January 1, 2016

Reflecting On 2015 Resolutions


For the past few years I have posted resolutions for myself, and now it's time to review my 2015 resolutions (post here). I had honestly forgotten that I had even written down my resolutions by the middle of the year, but looking back I have realized that I have accomplished many (but not all) of my goals. Here's a look back on the resolutions.


∙ 2015 RESOLUTIONS∙
What are your personal resolutions for next year?
     ∙ Find out my passion. This was on of my resolutions last year, but I unfortunately didn't accomplish it. I know that finding a passion isn't something that can be forced, but I am hoping to be closer to finding it this year.
     ∙ Finally declare a major. This falls along the lines of my previous resolution, but since I am a sophomore in college, I need to pick a major I'm passionate about and stick with it.
     ∙ Take risks. Whether it's with school, travel, or life in general. I need to push myself more than I have already have and hope that it will lead to great learning experiences. Even if it's something like study abroad.
     ∙ Eat healthier and work out more. I know, this is on everyone's resolution list. Even though I kind of accomplished this last year, I definitely still need to try to eat healthier and work out more.
     ∙ Be happy by December 2015. I hope that by the end of the year, I have moved forward from a restricting past, have taken risks, and lastly, find a way to be in a place where I'm happy.


∙ END OF 2014 REFLECTIONS∙
Find my passion: Although I didn't accomplish this resolution, I did learn that for some people, finding your passion is a process rather than a distinct moment. I am in the process of finding my passion and confident that I will reach that point.

Finally declare a major: This I have done. Kind of. I have declared one major, but in the process of possibility adding another major, which is a little nerve-racking.

Take Risks: This I can proudly say I have accomplished! I definitely took a lot of risks this year, particularly with travel and life in general. I have learned that there is a lot to benefit from saying yes more and taking more chances. Now I think it's time to take more chances with school.

Eat healthier and work out more: I have accomplished this as well (kind of)! Over the summer, I pushed myself to eat healthier and work out almost everyday, and I felt better and was in the best shape in my life (which isn't really saying much). However, this all went to waste over study abroad where I stopped working out and the bread and cheese got the best of me. But I'm excited to get back into a routine in 2016.

Be happy by December 2015: I honestly didn't think I would say this, but I think that I have achieved this! By December, I was definitely the happiest I had been in a very long time. A lot of this though was from being abroad and I'm a little worried that I'm going to go back to my old self, so I'm going to try my best to be happy this next year.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...