Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Looking Back and 2016 Resolutions!


January is the month when everyone makes a list of goals they want to achieve by the end of the year, many of which tend to be the same. Many people don't make resolutions, because they don't see themselves following those resolutions past week one. However, I tend to like to set goals, since I often (or sometimes) find motivation to at least try to achieve some of those goals. I also tend to write these posts more for myself as an easy way to look back to see how I did throughout the year. If you are for any reason curious to see what I hope to achieve this year, read ahead!


∙ LOOKING BACK ON 2014 ∙ 
Name 4 things you did in this past year that you're proud of.
         ∙ Saying "Yes" more. During the second half of the year, I learned that often times you can only benefit from saying yes to opportunities and miss out on the chances that you don't take. Saying yes and pushing myself helped me step out of my comfort zone and progress.
         ∙ Getting into shape. One of my goals at the beginning of the year was to be more healthy, and over the summer I pushed myself to eat better and workout more. In the end, I noticed change and felt better about myself as a whole.
         ∙ Learning to accept but not settle. Well, it's more like learning to learn how to accept parts of myself, whether it's physical or related to my personality. With that, I have also learned the importance of not settling and improving myself. Learning, acceptance, and growing is an ongoing process that I still have yet a lot to work on.
         ∙ Traveling by myself. I have never really traveled for a longer period of time by myself. Most of the trips I took while abroad were with other people, however, during my last week in France, I traveled by myself to two different cities, which was thrilling and something I have wanted to accomplish before going abroad.

Name 1 thing you wish you'd have done differently. To be honest, many of things that I wished that I had done differently in the beginning of the year I was able to change in the fall. However, I do wish that I would have had my future figured out more by the end of the year.

What was your biggest highlight this past year? Study abroad. I met some great and different people that I would have never met apart from that experience. I also had experiences that I would have never thought I would be able to do and fell in love with a language and city along the way.

Who do you want to thank for being amazing this year? The friends that I have made this year. I have learned that friendships don't necessarily last forever, but I have also learned that it's about the quality of the time, rather than the quantity. Although they may not know that they have made an impact, they are some of the people I have to thank for this being a good year.


∙ 2016 RESOLUTIONS ∙
What are your personal resolutions for next year?
          ∙ Have a permanent plan for the remaining years of college and after. I always had a future plan, but it is a matter of committing to a plan that I need to accomplish.
          ∙ Get healthy again and find a routine. After getting into a routine over the summer, but then four months of bread and cheese got the best of me. I'm not very happy with my body now, but after seeing where a healthy routine can take me, I am motived to get back into working out.
          ∙ Worry a little less about others and start putting myself first. I have a habit of putting others and their happiness before myself. Although this isn't necessarily a bad trait, I realized that it is also important to be a little selfish from time to time and sometimes put myself before others.
          ∙ Be Happy. This was my resolution last year, which I think I achieved, but being happy is an ongoing process that I hope I can continue throughout 2016.
          ∙ Make the most of the year, because your only 20/21 once.

Name 1 thing you want to check off your bucket list next year. Road trip. Doesn't matter when, where, or how long. I think that going on a road trip would be a great way to see different places and bond with friends or family. I would particularly want to road trip down the Pacific coast or through several states. Also applying to grad school as a more serious goal.


What's a resolution of yours?

I would love to read your responses below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...