Sunday, December 4, 2011

We Are Teenage Girls...

I found the poem above from sparkliebarbiexo's tumber (http://sparkliebarbiexo.tumblr.com/) and I found it both funny and so true.
I would say that I can completely relate to this. As a teenage girl, all these things apply to me when I either come home from school or on the weekend.
Reading this poem really hit me. Us teenage girls are based so much on our looks. And it's not just fact that others at school judge us only by the clothes we wear that we wear and the makeup we put on, but also how we feel like we need to do all of this just to impress others at school, whether it's our friends, peers, or a guy.
Right now, writing this, I'm in my sweatpants, with my hair clipped up, no make up, and wearing fuzzy socks with fuzzy slippers. And I'm not going to lie. Practically no one could make me go to school like this.
This made me wonder what if everyone went to school looking like how we are on the weekend at home. I've lived in a house with a teenage guy, but I guess that they would probably come with the same thing they always wear: sweatpants, basketball shorts, a nike tee.
Us girls, though, would come in looking like the side of us that we don't want people to see.
What would people think of us then, seeing the side of us that's not tainted by everyone's expectations of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...