Thursday, June 19, 2014

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: Review + Swatches!


For someone who wakes up to dark circles every day, I'm always on the hunt for a good concealer to cover up and brighten my eye area. When I heard about Maybelline's Fit Me concealer, I decided to try it out since there there was so much hype behind the product. This product claimed to give a look that's flawless while still being natural, so what was there to lose?


What's good about this concealer?
Let my just first say that I adore this concealer! I do think that it lives up to its claims and does cover up your under eye area well without looking cakey. I have pretty bad under eye circles (being both genetics and from lack of sleep) but after I dot it under my eyes and blend, it covers up my circles and I look more awake! It's a very creamy concealer and blends very well into the skin. I also find that this concealer also covers blemishes as well, however, I primarily use it for my eye area.

Another pro is that this concealer comes in many shades for a drugstore concealer. Color ranges with drugstore concealers can be very limited, however, this concealer comes in six different shades. I'm in the shade 20 Sand Sable and it's a perfect match, especially in the winter when I'm a little less tan. I also like how it comes with a doe foot applicator, making it easier to apply under your eyes and directly on blemishes. The packaging is also very sleek, making it easy to travel with and carry in your purse.


Downsides of this product?
If there is one problem with this concealer, it would probably have to be that it does tend to crease and fade throughout the day. I don't consider this a huge flaw though because most concealers tend to crease on me. The creasing, however, can be fixed slightly with a powder. Just set the concealer with a little bit of powder and it will make it last a lot longer! Overall, I love this concealer and I have repurchased it so I would recommend it to those looking for a natural looking concealer!

Top: Swatch, Below the swatch: Blended
Overview:
Pros:
   - Good coverage for both under eyes and blemishes
   - Looks natural and not cakey
   - Very creamy and applies smoothly

Cons:
   - Tends to crease after a few hours
   - Doesn't last all day (but can be fixed with some powder) and you may have to touch up throughout the day.

Overall Rating: 8.5 out of 10

I hope this helped!
If you have tried this concealer, tell me what you think!
If you haven't, comment on whether or not you're interested!
Comment below and follow for more reviews!

Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...