Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sunkissed Summer

The Sunkissed Summer tag is one of the latest tags that has been circling aound the web! It features many of my current summer favorites. Check out the questions and answers below!

1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
My go-to product for a sun kissed glow is the NYC Sunny Bronzer. I don't use self tanner so to get that bronzed glow, I usually will go for a matte or brightening bronzers. Check out my review of the NYC Sunny bronzer here!

2. What book would you recommend for a summer read? 
A great summer read is Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly! I mentioned this in a summer favorites post (here) a few years ago and still recommend it, especially those who like young adult books. Seventeenth Summer is a classic summer fling book but is interesting to read since it was written in the 40's (don't let that turn you off, it's written like any young adult book today). Some other great reads are Along With the Ride by Sarah Dessen (perfect for those who are headed off to their first year of college) and, of course, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

3. What's your signature summer scent this year?
I don't wear perfume or body spray everyday, but every summer I usually reach for the Bath and Body Work scents "Sweet Pea" or "Forever Sunshine". This summer, I have also been reaching for their lotion in the scent "White Citrus".

4. The sun is shining and it's time to get outside! What's your favorite thing to do?
I love sitting outside on my cushioned porch swing and either read or go on my computer! Sitting on the swing is the epitome of summer for me.

5. You're on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What's your go-to summer beach food?
Ice Cream! Although it may not be bikini food, when it's a warm summer day, you can never go wrong with big scoop of froyo, ice cream, or gelato!

6. Sunscreen is always important, but it's a MUST in summer! What's your favorite? (Face, body, or both)
Neurtragena Clear Face SPF 30 sunscreen! I recently bought this sunscreen since I have very oil skin and I figured that an anti-break out version would be suited for oily skin. This sunscreen doesn't dry on greasy and doesn't make my skin any more oily than it already is throughout the day, which I love!

7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
One of the best ways to cool off in the heat for me is with refrigerated watermelon! I find that watermelon tastes the best when it's cut after being refrigerated, since it tends to be more cold, crispy, and sweet!

8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.)
My hair usually goes up more in the summer than any other season. If my hair isn't down, I will mostly likely have my hair in either a super high top knot or a high pony tail.

9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
I have been loving turquoise nail polish recently, particularly the Essie nail polish in "Turquoise and Cacaos". It's a beautiful turquoise color that's the prefect amount of blue and green and is also bright enough for the summer while not being as bright as a neon color.

10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows do you recommend for summer? 
Right now, I am currently watching Lost! I just started watching the show this summer and I am pretty addicted and trying super hard to pace myself so that I don't watch all the episodes and season in one week. I have also been watching Awkward and the Bachelorette.

11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
I don't typically wear any sort of foundation during the year, let alone in the summer. I am, however, considering to buy a BB cream that has SPF to further help protect my skin in the summer.

12. It's super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
Sunglasses! I'm not much of a hat person and I have pretty sensitive eyes so sunglasses are a must during the summer. I also think that sunglasses are more practical to wear on an everyday basis.

13. What is your summer jam this year?
Some songs that I have been currently loving are "Come With Me Now" by Kongo, "Rude" by Magic!, "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay, and anything by Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan.

14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
I don't have a very long bucket list, but some of the few things on the list include cooking more, reading a few books, and eating out at some restaurants that I have been wanting to go to for a while. I also want to take more photos for my blog, since I don't have the time to do it while at school.

15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece?
I'm more a bikini person. Although I don't feel totally confident in a bikini, I find that bandeau tops and bottoms that are not too cheeky make me feel as if I'm not showing as much skin as compared to triangle and string bikinis (even though they are all pretty much the same concept). Bandeau tops also prevent you from having awkward tan lines!

16. Summer means heat... and sweat! What's your favorite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
My favorite sweat proof product is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Powder is an essential product to beat the heat and the Rimmel powder is an affordable product that prevents shininess for several hours.

17. Summer wouldn't be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
My dream ice cream flavor would be a vanilla been ice cream stuffed with different kinds of filling, similar to Ben and Jerry's 'Everything But The..' ice cream flavor. I would have the vanilla ice cream stuffed with brownie pieces, oreo pieces, heath bar pieces, cookie dough pieces, milk chocolate chunks, and a chocolate drizzle throughout the ice cream. Is that so much to ask for?

I hope you enjoyed this post!
What's your favorite sweat proof product for the summer?
Please leave a comment below and follow!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...