Friday, January 31, 2014

Scent for Less: Viva La Juicy Dupes

Whenever I go into Sephora or Ulta, the thing that I always do is go to the fragrance section and try on Viva La Juicy. The scent quickly became a cult favorite a several years ago and is still loved today. It's perfect for both daytime and school as well as the night. I absolutely love the smell, but I can't quite justify the price for a 1.7 oz bottle. That's when I started looking for dupes for the popular scent. I was surprised to see that many companies have scents that have similar notes as Viva La Juicy.
Here are some that I found:

Bath and Body Works in "Forever Sunshine"
While researching, on the products that I came across ended up being one of my favorite scents from Bath and Body Works, "Forever Sunshine." At first, I had never associated Forever Sunshine with Viva La Juicy. After finding out that they were similar though, I immediately started to see the similarities. No wonder I like "Forever Sunshine" so much!

"Forever Sunshine":
  • Top Notes: juicy tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin, exotic berries
  • Mid Notes: gardenia petals, freesia, pink peonies
  • Base Notes: vanilla bean gelato, creamy sandalwood, nuzzly musks, a touch of sweet praline
Viva La Juicy:
  • Top Note: Wild Berries and, Mandarin orange
  • Mid Note: Honeysuckle, gardenia and Jasmine Base
  • Base Note: Amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and praline

Victoria's Secret fragrance in "Noir Tease"
As you can see below, many off the notes in this fragrance are very similar to the ones in Viva La Juicy. This is $25 for 8.4 oz, versus $70 for 1.7 oz of Viva La Juicy.  I say that's a steal!

Victoria's Secret fragrance in "Noir Tease":
  • Top Notes: Mandarin, lychee, frozen pear, red delicious apple
  • Mid Notes: Sweet pea, jasmine, gardenia, freesia, magnolia
  • Base Notes: Benzoin laos, vanilla, musk, praline, amber, sandalwood
Viva La Juicy:
  • Top Note: Wild Berries and, Mandarin orange
  • Mid Note: Honeysuckle, gardenia and Jasmine Base
  • Base Note: Amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and praline
Another great Victoria's Secret fragrance that has similar notes is  "Pure Seduction."

I hope that this post was helpful!
Please comment below on what your favorite scent is!

Thank you for reading! <3

1 comment:

  1. Jen try fragrance.net. You can Viva la juicy at a much more affordable price.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...