1. Shift dresses are dresses that do not cinch at the waist and are often above the knee. Shift dresses are great way to make an outfit look effortless and come in many styles. If desired, a belt can be added to articulate the waistline.
2. Mint colored dresses are a great if you are looking for something that looks good against a tan. Mint suits all skin tones and is bright enough for summer without being too bright. Mint dresses also look fantastic with white accessories!
3. Scalloped edge dresses have been in style for a while, however, it's a trend that I don't see dying quite yet. Scalloped edges are a delicate detail to a typical dress and a scalloped trim on the bottom of the dress can help elongate the look of your legs.
4. Striped Maxi dresses combine two big summer trends: stripes and maxi dresses. Put the two together, and you have the perfect, casual summer dress! This dress can be worn with a wide range of shoes and accessories and are great for a either a lazy day or a day out with friends!
5. Colorblock dresses are a trendier piece and are often a statement piece on it's own. There is no need to add accessories with colorblock dresses, so it's a great piece for those who want to throw on a dress and look immediately put together.
6. Watercolor print dresses are the new take on the popular floral trend. Watercolor-like prints are great for those who feel as if they have out outgrown florals. Watercolor prints are delicate and not as harsh as some floral prints and look beautiful during the summer.
7. High neck dresses are one of the newer trends this summer that will most likely spill into the fall. These dresses are more modest than some other typical summer dresses but still look beautiful, since the straps look as if they goes around the neck rather than over the shoulders, leaving the shoulders bare. This trend can also be seen on both casual and more formal dresses.
8. Cut out dresses have been in style for a few seasons now, however, summer is probably the most appropriate time to wear the trend. Cutout dresses that don't show a ton of the skin (like your whole stomach) such as the one shown above, and can be found tastefully "cut-out", making it appropriate for almost (not all) occasions.
9. Crochet dresses are more on the casual side and are a more current take on the lace dress. Crochet can be styled in various ways, such as with simple wedges or even a pair of cowboy boots, depending on your style. Crochet dresses are a fantastic must if you're looking for a versatile piece!
10. Off- the-shoulder dresses tend to fall into either the "hate it" or "love it" category. Off-the-shoulder dresses can be tastily worn if the dress is not extremely tight and more on the flowy side. Off-the-shoulder dresses can also be worn effortlessly during the day as well as a great piece for a summer night out!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
What is your favorite summer dress trend?
Please leave a comment below!
Thank you for reading!