Saturday, December 20, 2014

Perfect Drugstore Red Lip Combo!



I'm going to be honest, I have never been a red lip kind of girl. It's not that I didn't like the red lip, because I believe that it makes a classic statement. I just never had the guts to try wearing. The first time I decided to sport a red lip was actually during Halloween when I dressed up as Minnie Mouse. I did a ton of research on different reds and looked up tons of swatches and decided to go for the NYX Retractable Lip Liner in "Red" and the Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in "Provocateur".

The NYX lip liner is a perfect medium red color and complements the medium red Revlon lacquer balm perfectly. Both products are also not too orange-toned or too blue-toned. The NYX lip liner keeps the balm lasting for several hours and the Revlon lacquer balm adds a nice gloss to the look so you don't need to add lipgloss.

The best part about this lip combo is that it is wearable and complements all skin tones. The Revlon lacquer balm is not as dramatic as most lipsticks and can be either sheeted out for a less dramatic lip look or built up for a more pigmented look. Since both the lip liner and balm are medium toned reds, they will suit most skin tones.

What is your favorite red lip products?
Please leave a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...