Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Christmas Tag!


Christmas is just right around the corner and when I saw this tag, I just had to answer the questions! It's been a while since I have done a tag and I felt that what better tag is there than a holiday tag? I love this tag because it not only includes festive questions, but also makes me a little nostalgic of the past when the holidays seemed even more magical than they do today. Read on to see the questions and my answers for the tag!

What's your favourite Christmas movie/s?
It's A Wonderful Life! My family watches it almost every year when it plays on TV and watching it makes it really feel like the holiday season! Elf is a close second though! That movie is hilarious and never fails to make me last! Plus there are so many quotable quotes in that movie that always bring a smile on my face when I come across them on Tumblr or Pinterest!

Do you open presents on Christmas morning or Christmas evening?
Christmas morning always! My parents always made my sister and I went until the Christmas morning to open presents, but this surprisingly was never a huge issue because my grandparents would send us "open-early Christmas gifts", which was gift that we would open every Sunday of December leading up to Christmas. It was allows part of the holiday routine and looking back, I realize that it was such a brilliant idea!

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I always remember the reactions of my family when they opened the gifts I gave them. Even though most of my parents reactions were most likely an exaggerated reaction, I didn't realize it at the time and would always be the highlight of Christmas!

What's your favourite festive food?
Stuffing and sweet potato casserole! Stuffing has always been my all time favorite, but over the past few years, sweat potato casserole with pecans has become one my favorites! Honey glazed ham and small chocolate and holiday treats and candies are up there too! Especially holiday cookies!

What's been your favourite Christmas gift?
I know that this may sound horrible, but I don't remember all of the Christmas gifts that I received. I used to really like getting those foldable plastic dollhouses that had a wide selection of different homes and stores. I also loved getting craft kits or books! I also really like the gift that I got (early) this Christmas from my parents, which was an iphone.

What's your favourite Christmas scent?
Vanilla and peppermint! Not vanilla and peppermint mixed together, but each individually are the perfect holiday scents! Bath and Body Works 'Vanilla Bean Noel' scent is always a winter staple for me. I also really enjoy apple mint scents, since it reminds me of holiday candies.

Do you have a Christmas Eve tradition?
I don't think my family has a Christmas Eve tradition. I know that a lot of people open one gift on Christmas Eve, but my family has never given into that tradition.

What tops your tree?
Just a star that lights up. The problem is that since my family owns a fake tree and the star is a little heavy, the star always flops down and adjusting the star perfectly so it doesn't fall down is always a pain.

As a child, what was the one (crazy, extravagant) gift you wanted but never got?
I can't really remember many of the over-the-top gifts that I wanted as a child. The Easy Bake Oven was always on my list (who doesn't want easy to make cakes and cookies?), but I never got it. I also had always wanted one of the huge Fuzzy Velvet Coloring Posters (remember those?), but only got the smaller ones.

What do you think is the best part of Christmas?
Now that I'm in college, I love just being with my family (as sappy as that sounds), especially on Christmas morning. Nothing says the holidays like family! I also love seeing all the lights downtown and the holiday decorations! I love seeing the huge Christmas tree in the square downtown and all the trees and building lined with lights. Oh, and the food is also pretty good too.

What do you think is the best part of the holidays?
I would love to read your thoughts a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...