Monday, June 15, 2015

Good Bye Sophomore Year, Hello Summer!



Another year has gone by and I can honestly say that I have no idea where the time went. This year went by incredibly fast, despite many parts of the year seeming to go by ever so slowly. It's hard to believe I'm half way done. That blows my mind.

The strange thing that I'm a little sad to be leaving school for the summer, even though all year I wanted nothing but to leave my school. I'm not sure if I have opened up about my college experience in the past on this blog, but college has not been difficult for me. For some reason it is something that is hard for me to talk about, but in short, this year has been full of confusion and uncertainty. Despite these feelings, I find leaving a little sad, despite knowing that I'll be returning next year. Maybe it's because I'm a creature of habit, even though I know these feelings will disappear a few days after returning home.

I think I'm more sad and worried that I'm halfway down with college than the fact that I'm done for the year and headed back home. There are definitely things I would change when I look back over the year. Chances that I wish I would taken. However, I know that only stress comes from these thoughts, even though it's hard not to think "what if".

All of this being said, I'm sorry if this post seems all over the place. Even in my head I'm confused about the feelings I'm having and I sometimes wish it was five years ago when things seemed so much similar. However, I know that I must move forward and in order to grow we can't remain in the same place all our life, even if I know that the future will never be same as it has been for the past two years.

(Side note: I wrote this a few days ago when my emotions were high, so I apologize if everything was all over the place.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...