Thursday, August 27, 2015

Everyday Work Makeup


As someone who likes to keep their makeup on the natural side, finding a quick routine on work day mornings was not impossible. During the days that I work, I get up at 6 am and then hope to leave the house no later than 6:40. Since I appreciate sleep too much, the time that I have to get ready is limited. The look that I usually wear may be more or less makeup than that typically worn by others for work, but I find that this look takes me about 10 minutes to achieve.


I start my makeup look by first applying the Urban Decay Primer Potion across my lids. Although I don't wear eyeshadow to work, my eyelids get oily throughout the day, so an eyeshadow primer helps prevent this oiliness. After I curl my lashes, I then line the outer half of my upper lash line with a dark brown eyeshadow from the Maybelline The Nudes Palette, keeping the line very thin. After eyeliner, I'll apply the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara on my upper and lower lashes to separate my lashes and add volume.

I have horrible under eye bags, so applying a concealer under my eyes is key. I blend the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (review here) under my eyes and then blend the concealer on any blemishes I have that day. I will then go into brows, which I keep fairly simple by running the Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara (review here) through my brows to shape and set my brows in place.


I always wear sunscreen as a base, which is often overlooked by many, but is important for the obvious consequences of sunlight. Next, I'll add a touch of NYC Sunny Bronzer (review here) to the hollows of my cheekbones, temples, and down my jawline to help my face look more alive. After the bronzer, I finish the look by brushing the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder on my eyelids, under my eyes over the concealer, forehead, and on the rest of my t-zone. And volia! In ten minutes or less, I'm done with makeup, ready to grab breakfast and head out the door.


Do you do your makeup differently for work?
I would love to read it in a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...