Monday, May 5, 2014

NYX Rouge Creme Blush in 'Rose Petal': A Review + Swatches!

I'm always on the hunt for a good blush and I tend to go towards cream blushes rather than powder blushes. Of all the drugstore cream blushes, NYX blushes tend to get the most attention, so I picked up the NYX cream blush in "Rose Petal" at ULTA for $6.99, and as far as I know, ULTA's the only place that carries NYX products. Read on to see my thoughts on this blush!


This blush was the first cream blush that I had tried. NYX has a good range of cream blushes, so it was hard for me to pick one that I would think be good for everyday. The first time I bought this blush was actually around three years ago and I decided to pick up the blush in "Rose Petal" because it seemed liked the most natural (and pretty) flush color. Let me tell you, it was a good choice because this is a gorgeous color! This quickly became part of my everyday routine and I already gone through a couple pans!


Pigmentation, Blend-ability, and Pros
"Rose Petal" is a perfect peachy-pink rosy color which isn't too bright so it's perfect for everyday. It is also a matte blush with no shimmer, which I really enjoy. The formula is very creamy and this blush is very pigmented. A little bit goes a long ways but it is very easy to blend and can be easily blended either with my fingers or a brush. When blended into my cheeks, I find that it leaves me with a very natural and dewy flush, but not oily, which is perfect for someone with oily skin like me!


Downsides with this product?
Since this blush is a cream blush, I expected that it would last all day. When I applied, I did find that it lasted for a fairly long time, however, sometimes I needed to touch up throughout the day. This may, however, be due to my oily skin. Another problem that some may have is that it is actually too pigmented, but when applied carefully, it blends fairly easily. Other than that, I was pretty satisfied with this product!

Top: Swatch, Bottom: Blended
Overview:
Pros:
   - Creamy and blendable
   - Very pigmented
   - Affordable
   - Natural looking
   - Long lasting

Cons:
   - Can fade a little throughout the day

Price: $6.99 (at ULTA)

Would I repurchase this product? Already have!

Overall Rating
: 9 out of 10

I hope you found this helpful!
Are you thinking about purchasing this product?
Please comment below! I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...